The written or the theory driving examination that should be passed by a new driver applying for a driver’s license focuses on the traffic laws of the state. Traffic laws include all the statutes, rules, ordinances, and regulations that are adapted as guidelines of driving within the territorial limit of a state or the United States as a whole. The traffic code covers any person who uses the road, including but not limited to drivers and pedestrians.
In the discussion of the driving school, the traffic law includes a clear understanding of the procedure being followed to govern the driver’s licensing process. Each state has its own set of requirements to comply for the driver’s license. Some states require new drivers to finish a driving school course; while there are other states that only require new drivers to pass the driving examination.
Here are some of the common standards that are general to all states:
- Rules on how to leave and enter roadways to avoid collision with other drivers. The standard covers the clearance and proper positioning of the vehicle in turning roundabouts or bends.
- Acknowledgement of intersections that are marked by the state for entering or for other purposes. In such conditions, it is very important to read signs that are posted in the road to avoid passing on crucial areas.
- The driving school course helps new drivers understand signs and other communication signals that are used in the road. There are different categories of road signs that are commonly used in the roadways of the United States.
- Traffic laws include the right turning or passing on others. In fact, tailgating and blocking other vehicles is a violation that is fined by the state’s DMV.
- Specified in the traffic law the speed limit of an area, together with the posted limit to weight and number of passengers allowed therein. Any violation of this standard rule constitutes fines and penalties; revocation of license is the final resolve.
- Not only the traffic law protects the right of drivers and pedestrians, but the same statute also gives priority to emergency vehicles. Yielding to ambulances and police cars is an automatic rule.
- Part of the driving school course discussion is the right communication using the vehicle lights. It is very important to give others the right signal to avoid unnecessary collisions with car behind or in front of you.
- On the same manner, it is imperative for drivers or any motorist to stop during accidents. To avoid any additional collisions, it is important to stop when you detect a problem on the road ahead.
The traffic law of the state includes all the fines and penalties that are attached for each type of violation. The state or the local government may revise and create new rules and regulations that are deemed necessary at the moment. In fact, it is recommended for drivers to attend a refresher driving course from time to time to get a full update of the traffic laws.