Do you want to go to your friend’s house and the rain is pouring hard? Yes, it is really hard to drive when the weather is bad – but you can still arrive safely to your destination with the aid of simple tips and a sheer of common sense. The driving school aims to help new drivers learn how to drive in any give condition of the road. It is necessary for you to learn how to stay safe even if the road is not that safe.
Mainly, the driving education program imposes no driving during bad weather if you don’t have experience. Yes, if you want to stay safe and you are not sure with your skills in driving, staying at home and letting the rain pass is a good idea. You don’t need to cross the rain and bear the risk if your concern can wait.
On the other hand, if you really need to travel, you may apply the basic factors as duly taught by the driving school:
1. Keep the lights of the car on. It is hard to see the road during heavy rain, but you need to maintain a good field of vision to avoid crashes at other cars or any anything in the road. Headlights will give you the vision that you need – but you need to keep eye concentration in the road. On the other hand, be sure to give ample signal to those who are following you through the rear lights.
2. Do not tailgate. As the rain pours hard, other drivers may have also a great time of dealing with the problem. It is very important not to tailgate – this is the standard of the driving education. Be sure to maintain a good distance away from the other cars. If in the driving school you are advised to maintain a distance to avoid crashes during sudden stop, during bad weather you need to double that distance.
3. Keep the brakes. The traction of the wheel and the road is not that good during heavy rain. You cannot keep a good brake for a full stop. It is necessary to decelerate at the slowest possible speed before you make a stop. You learn in the driving school that by decelerating, you are putting the car in almost stop condition making any braking to be easier and safer.
4. Check the car. Opps, before you have driven the car, have you checked it? It is very important to check if the car is in great condition when you took it out of the garage. It is necessary to check if the engines are working properly, if the lights are in great shape, if the wiper is making its way, and other basic things of the car. In the driving education you learn the importance of each part – and you need to make use of this part in maximum potential, especially during rain.
5. Keep yourself in tune. If the driving school requires drivers to keep concentration during practical lessons when the weather is fine, how much more during bad weather? It is very important for new drivers to keep full attention in the road. Alertness will keep you safe in the road during heavy rains.
Keeping safe in the middle of the bad weather is not impossible. It is very possible to stay safe in the road and arrive at your destination unscratched. With the aid of basic knowledge and a sheer of confidence, you will make it.